Biology | Geography | Geology | Technology
- Importance of top predators as marine mammals
- Conservation of protected marine species in the IUCN red list
- Elements for the equilibrium and of disturbance in gulfs and coastal areas; meaning of priority marine species and areas
- Principles of sailing; monitoring techniques applied at sea
- Code of goof conduct for observing wild fauna
- Geological origins of the monitored area
- Relationships between research, citizen science and blue tourism.
New competencies targeted
Students will be able to:
- Recognize differences between fishes and cetaceans
- Identify different species of cetaceans by morphology and surface behavior
- Compile scientific surveys for data collection
- Set a sailing route
- Distinguish different types of rocks and seabed
- Apply the international code of good conduct for the observation of whale and dolphins
- Recognize what tourist activity is responsible and eco-friendly Disseminate the importance of marine resources conservation
Collecting of the authorization forms signed by the parents of all the students to participate in the study visit.
Briefing on the monitored area, on local cetacean species and on the code of good conduct for their observation
Boarding. Sea monitoring and clean up.
Observation of coastal and marine resources with considerations on their protection.
Return and debriefing on the monitoring.
|Type of Activity:||Field research|
|Target Audience:||From 11 years old|
Boat with all required safety devices
Binoculars, GPS, fish finder, surveys for data collection
ID cards on cetaceans camera or mobile phone to take photos and video on the environment and the animals gloves and small landing nets to collect marine litter
|Duration of Activity:||
|Authorship and ressources conditions to use:||Mare Camp association, certified by “Friend of the Sea”|
|Note by Author:||
Participants suffering from sea sickness need to take health precautions before the boarding.
|Topic of this Experiences:||Biodiversity|
|Additional resources:||Pdf Version|